"Manage Calendars" Section in the Admin Panel
Fall '22 we brought a new feature to Silverbucket which allows the admins of Silverbucket to adjust and configure the calendars and their non-working days in their environment.
As you enter this view you can see all the current calendars in the environment and see which dates are set as non-working days in those calendars.
"+ADD CALENDARS" in the top-right allows you to add a new calendar to the environment. When you click this button, you have two options:
- Insert a "Basic" calendar which is a calendar that automatically has the selected country's holiday dates selected based on our calendar service providers data - in addition to Saturdays and Sundays being non-working days.
- Insert a "Custom" calendar. This calendar can be named anything you want and with this option you can either start fresh with a calendar that only has Saturdays and Sundays set as non-working days OR once again select a template calendar based on some countries' holidays.
As you click "Save Changes" a new calendar is created and can be immediately seen and selected in the top-left of the view.
Adding specific dates as non-working days
To add a new day as non-working day, simply click on the date when you have the desired calendar highlighted. When a date is colored blue, it is selected as a non-working day and when the color is grey, it is considered a normal working day.
As you click on a date, it is immediately considered as a non-working day for the people that have the selected calendar set for them. No additional confirmation or saving is required at this point.
The "Edit Calendar" allows you to:
- re-name your selected calendar to something else
- reset the selected calendar to default - handy when you wish to start afresh
- delete the selected calendar entirely
Default Calendars for Countries
Please take note that some specific calendars are not 100% accurate. The most common example is the Islamic calendar, where some computed holidays are not exactly on the same official day decided by religious authorities, and this may vary country by country. Whenever it’s possible, try to adjust your results with the official data provided by the adequate authorities.
- Cayman Islands
- Czech Republic
- European Central Bank
- France (Alsace / Moselle)
- Spain (incl. Catalonia)
- United Kingdom (incl. Northern Ireland, Scotland and all its territories)
- Brazil (all states, cities and for bank transactions, except the city of Viana)
- Canada (including provincial and territory holidays)
- United States of America
- State holidays for all the 50 States
- American Samoa
- Chicago, Illinois
- Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- California Education, Berkeley, San Francisco, West Hollywood
- Florida Legal and Florida Circuit Courts, Miami-Dade
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Australia (incl. its different states)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Ivory Coast
- São Tomé
- South Africa
How did we do with this article?